Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dinner from my childhood

Feeling a bit nostalgic...

It's Sunday afternoon, and I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for a taste of home. I am planning on making an official “Sunday” dinner: Coca-Cola Ham, Au Gratin Potatoes, Slow-Cooked Green Beans and for dessert, Blackberry Cobbler. The ham and the cobbler will be my first attempts at making these dishes, wish me luck! After a few hours sifting through Google for cobbler recipes, I finally found a recipe that resembles my grandmother’s recipe. I was really getting frustrated... so many recipes called for a “biscuit” topping, or a cake-like cobbler,- I have a great recipe for that, it’s called Cup-a, Cup-a, Cup-a, (Which I’ll share later) but that is not how my
Mama D made Blackberry cobblers for me. The crust is chilling
and the berries are macerating – next step - is to actually bake it... hopefully, it will satisfy my craving. As soon as its complete, I'll write a blog and let you all know how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment